Chef and Owner of "sandwich." restaurant in the Chinatown neighborhood of Los Angeles teaches us how to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly. She's an expert.
PB&J. It's the thing now, okay? Deal with it.
Remember to always use white bread. THE WHITER THE BETTER.
The genius of MAYO is it TAKES ON THE TASTE OF ANY CUISINE! It's a shape-shifting condiment!
PRO-TIP: Don't tell Asians how to eat their food. #NeverPHOget
Other great reads about how to eat.
- Dakota Kim. Paste Magazine. "Why you should care about the Bon Appetit pho uproar."
- Andrea Nguyen. Viet World Kitchen. "Why a Pho Video Boiled Over into Controversy for Bon Appetit."
- Andrea Nguyen. The Salt. Southern California Public Radio. "Don't Call It 'The New Ramen': Why Pho Is Central To Vietnamese Identity."
- Deepa Fernandes and Lori Galarreta. Take Two. KPCC 89.3. "What the pho? Cooking video has critics steaming."
A must listen.
Wow! The response has been incredible! Thanks to the following folks who have written or posted about #HowToEatPBJ and Bad Appetite Magazine!
- The Daily Dot (link)
- Paste Magazine (link)
- Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) KPCC 89.3 FM (link)
- NextShark (link)
- TimeOut (link)
- Everyday Feminism
- Racist Sandwich Podcast
- Andrea Nguyen, Viet World Kitchen
- Nguyen Tran, Starry Kitchen
- Advancing Justice-LA
- RaceForward / Colorlines
- OCA-Greater Los Angeles